30 October 2008

We are crazy :)



Ella and I went a little crazy today...we went food shopping a day early!!! That's right we threw caution to the wind and just went ahead and bought food...I told you our life is exciting!!! Ella entertained EVERYONE at the store. She was her usual self up a couple of notches! She spent the entire hour and a half dancing, twirling, galloping and talking. She told me a story about her kids and the trip they were taking. It started when we pulled out of the driveway and wasn't done until I had paid for the last item on the belt! A few people saw us more than once and just laughed because she was STILL talking. She fell flat on her face once (due to a less than graceful twirl) that stopped her for a few seconds. She said she needed medicine, I reminded her that I had given her Motrin before we left the house (the other time she hit her face today) and that it would help now too...OKAY! she said and went on about her way. One of the gazillion times we walked from one side of the store to the other she asked about voting and the president and why it's a big contest and everything else she remembered me saying about it. I tried to explain it the best I could so that she could understand. Then she wanted to know if I was going to be the president. I said "no baby, mommy doesn't have time to run the country, I have a house to take care of." She said I did have time, that Daddy said it doesn't take that much to be president!! (I doubt that he said that because I doubt she's ever interrogated him about this...)


Everything was pretty calm, even after the other Little Miss Chatty came home from school. I gave them some glow bracelets. All was good, they stopped climbing all over me and asking me 10,000 questions (they only asked then because I was on the phone.) I went to put the Kindergarten Halloween treats (whole other story) in the car when I hear footsteps running down the hall and Ella saying " Mommy! Emily is glowing!!!!!" This could NOT be good! When I got up to the bathroom, the freshly painted bathroom (with a new rug, remember?) Emily said " I just cracked it to get it to glow better and then I started to spin it around".... I turned out the bathroom lights and all I could hear was "Twinkle, Twinkle little star". It was actually cool to see the splatters of a glow stick all over the place, for 2 seconds anyway. It was on the walls, the ceiling, the shower curtain, the towels, the rug, the sink, 1 toothbrush, Emily, Emily's hair and last but not least...the potty! Emily said "LOOK!!! the water glows in the potty!!!!!". I called Ella upstairs, the whole way up she was proclaiming her innocence ;) "Ella" I said, " I just wanted you to see me flush the glow streak, it might look cool"...and it did look neat as it swirled around and then went on down the road. (I have a very un-interesting life, have I made that clear????)

In other, non-glow stick news, I am pretty sure that I am now officially NOT a room mother anymore. I emailed the lady today and told her I was not able to do it anymore. I didn't go into to details with her (are you proud Kelly??? I didn't give to much info!) The truth is, it isn't what I wanted. I wanted to go have fun with Emily and her class in school. I never wanted to hound people for money and I did a lot of that in September to get ready for Fall Festival. I so didn't want to ask for money that the "Special Snack" (no , it can't be for Halloween) that they are getting tomorrow, I bought myself, (I'm broke by the way) I just didn't want to keep hounding. Then a parent called me and said (in, what I feel was, a rather condescending way) "my fourth grader is even going to decorate cookies, can't we do something like that????" SO i told her I was bringing my treat in at about 10am and she was more than welcome to go but everything for all the kids in the class to decorate a cookie but that I had done what I was going to do, I'd help the kids but that was all. (Wanna bet she doesn't have an extra cookie for Ella?) I kind of feel like I am being one of those kids that doesn't get her own way so I'm taking my ball and going home. HOWEVER, what I want to know is if this is such a bang-up idea, why did she wait until the day before Halloween to ask me what we were doing? And I'm sorry but , as it has been pointed out to me, I am not the teacher! I am just a parent, like she, is who wanted to have fun with the kids in the class. If this chic wanted to help, where was she when I asked a million times in September if there was anyone that wanted to be room mother with me? No one wanted to "help" me then...no just now, the day before Halloween because I obviously don't do it right...oh well, I won't do it at all then....(I really need a life)

0 comments: