18 October 2008

It's Cold Outside...

Well, Fall has arrived in Dallas! This morning it was only 48 F... way to cold for me! Thankfully we knew it was coming and closed all of the windows last night, even still it was only 66 F in the house this morning. I ALMOST turned on the heat! I stopped myself but when George got up he said the same thing "Turn on the heat!!!!". I just couldn't make myself turn it on, not in October. It got all the way up to 68 today, I'm just not ready for the cold! The girls were not happy when George and I made them put on jeans and sweatshirts before we went to the park. Emily told me she doesn't believe in winter...as long as she has short sleeves she will continue to believe in summer. I am not sure what to do with that information.
We all know Emily has a "touch" of OCD, tonight she let it shine! She had exactly 23 pieces of wagon wheel pasta and 3 pieces of ham dinner. Then for dessert 1 square of chocolate. These number were all her ideas & she counted everything as she ate...she wasn't going to let me sneak 24 pieces into her little tummy :)
Ella had fun at the park playing with Emily and a little girl names Kambron (don't ask). Emily and Kambron thought they could hide a little stuffed cat from Ella under piles of wood chips. Every time they hid it, Ella would go find it and tell them they were "Cheeky Monkeys" and that she would always be able to find the cat...she was right, she found it every time.

We spent 3 hours at the park, far longer than we had anticipated. As a result it is now 6pm and George is still blowing leaves in the back yard...he needed to be able to start at 1pm not 4:30pm. Oh well...he's having fun, just look!{and this is just half the yard!}



2 comments:

aunt kelly said...

you're not going to be at the park for very long - it's like you've never met yourself.

Elizabeth said...

i know, i know...