21 October 2008

Parent Teacher Conference

Hooray! I was so very excited to go to my first parent teacher conference...the first one that didn't make me nauseous that is (the ones about me always did that). Anyway, it was just as Emily predicted, an excellent report! She is doing very very well in school. SO well in fact that the other students actually ask Emily what they should be doing instead of always asking the teacher or her assistant. Very funny I think. Then we got to look at her report card, all 4 pages of it! It shows that she meets or exceeds most standards. The other standards have either just started to be taught or have not been taught yet. All in all an excellent report. Her teacher said that in the spring of this year or the fall of next school year they will recommend her for the Venture program for gifted and talented kids :) :) :) :) She said she doesn't like to test kindergartners this early in the year because there are still so many basics that they need to learn. I agree but I am also hopeful that she will get in to that program later on... I think it will be very good for her. Ella had a great time at the conference. She paraded around the room asking Emily to show her where everything was so that she'd be ready when it was her turn to "go to that room everyday" .

In other news, we have picked paint colors for the kitchen, the bathrooms and our bedroom. Our current plan is to have all the walls up in the garage (definitely taped and mudded, maybe painted), the kitchen painted and both bathrooms painted by Christmas. I still have more hideously horrible border to rip down in our bedroom so that might have to wait until sometime in January. George will be gone for a week in Novemeber so I should be able to get a lot of painting done then since we know I won't be able to sleep...

0 comments: