20 October 2008

Just another day...

Ella made a boat today. It was a paper circle covered in stickers and glue stick (nothing over that glue, just lots of glue stick). She made an attempt to make a sail by gluing a clothes pin to a sticker...this did not hold up well, what a shock! It was decorated with dry lentils of course :)
When I couldn't understand how I was supposed to fold it (she had a very odd description), we decided that it just wasn't sea-worthy...now it's just an "abstract" according to Emily.

Speaking of Emily, I have her first ever parent teacher conference tomorrow. When I asked her if she knew about them she said "of course mommy, that's why I got out of school early. I know you will get a very good report. Too bad Brandon's mommy won't!" Poor Brandon, and to think, just last week she told his mom that he is mostly good...her report to his mom made it possible for that little boy to play baseball that weekend. Such power at such a young age!

Apparently they get to watch TV at school. Emily said "Well, it was just during music, when we were done with our song." I was a BIT annoyed and that is when decided that I was going to home school the girls. I looked into it and found a curriculum that looked like it would work great with both of their ages. Then the girls had dinner and did nothing but fight, they sat on the couch after dinner and Ella hit Emily in the face with a book. When I asked her why, she said "because she bothers me and I wanted to". Emily said "that's okay, I kicked her before because she took my build-a-bear shoe". Then they watched Blue's Clues together like nothing bad had ever happened. I have decided homeschooling just won't work for us...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

pictures are arriving,thank you very nice.