11 January 2009

Saturday

As promised, we built a Time Capsule at Lowe's yesterday. The girls had a good time. Ella was very serious with her hammering...a few times George was afraid she was going to whack her head she was so close to it! Emily had to sand EVERY piece of wood before they could begin assembly...I wish they wouldn't include the sandpaper in the build kits...it is not needed at all! I took lots of pictures...Ella's serious look (up close!), Emily looking very pleased, George building these things. Sorry you can't see them...why? Oh that's right because our computer melted yesterday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just sitting there, playing on Facebook waiting for breakfast to finish cooking and it just died. The screen got funny, lines all over, pixel-y, slow & then it just went black. No noise, no blue-screen of death...just quietly gone. At first I said to George "Oh well, you just have to laugh right?" I was trying to be "optimistic", if it died it died, there wasn't anything we could do. George did what he could, he put in a different something to see if it would work...never even got the thing to turn back on...it pretended to but it never booted again. All of a sudden it hit me... no computer = NO PICTURES OF MY BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every picture I've every taken of the girls is on that machine. Yes, we have a few printed out...Yes there are a bunch floating around (of Emily) but that isn't even a quarter of the pictures I have taken of them. I was in tears...I still get teary thinking that the ones that all my friends & family have might be the only ones left. We won't know until Monday if the computer guy can get them off of the old drive. I don't care if we can get anything else...I just want the pictures. there are some e-mails that would be nice to have (like the one from my dad about having his mother's phone number turned off) and my stuff from quicken would be handy now (tax time and all) but all I really want are those pictures!
Please, let's all hold our collective breath and hope all is not lost shall we...

0 comments: