26 January 2009

Not much has gone on here in a while...we are bored!!!

Emily got her report card on Thursday. I can't believe she's been in school long enough to get 2 report cards!! She is doing really well in everything...all my worrying about no pre-school seems to have been for nothing. It even said she gets along well and cares for others...at home we see a lot of evidence to the contrary but...

Ella's big highlight of the week was that she had ringworm! We have NO idea where she got it from. DO NOT LOOK IT UP ONLINE!!! There are some really nasty pictures out there of bad untreated ringworm...YUCK!!!! She had a cut in her leg & we put a Band-Aid on it. A few days later she said it still needed a Band-Aid. The third day she asked for a Band-Aid I really looked at it (I know, more points toward mother of the year!) and noticed it was a circle...the next day I looked again and it was bigger, had scales inside of it and I noticed the red ring was raised. The morning after we started the medicine on it the scales were gone and she said it didn't itch anymore...all I can say is YUCK!!!

I took the girls to church 2 weeks ago, St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic. Ella said it was delightful because there were no dead people there (the last times we were there had been for funerals), Emily said it was horrible because you had to be quite for so long! Someone tried to "peace" Emily & I couldn't decide if she was going to deck them or throw up! When we left Emily asked that we never go back there again because it was horrible! I really think she meant more than the quite, she was just very uncomfortable). This past weekend we went to St. Julian Episcopal Church. When we walked in Emily said it was much nicer than "that other church"...after the service she asked if we could keep coming to this church & that this was where she wanted to go to Sunday School. The pastor told Emily that she would be teaching the Sunday School class that Emily was in & Emily said "Good, I like to learn and Mommy said she's not a good teacher! I need to know a lot of things about this place!" Ella thinks it will be fun (although she's just not like Emily) and told the pastor that "her church was much nicer than that dark church we had to go to last weekend". I guess that's where I'll take them...now what about George? ;)

0 comments: