29 January 2009

EEEK!!!

Last night George was working late. It was time for Ella to go to bed. She said goodnight to Emily. I told Emily I would be back in a minute...she sat downstairs by herself to watch TV. Ella had climbed bed & I was just sitting down next to her when I heard a screech-y scream... "MOOOOOOOMYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!" followed by lots of thumping as she tried (and failed a few times) to run up the stairs.

"I saw it! It was little and it was gray and I saw it!!!!! I saw it run under the bookcase.....A MMMMMMMMMOUSE!!!! I will never get books from that bookcase again!!!"
She jumped up into my lap (on Ella's bed) and was holding on to be so tightly and shaking. She asked for socks to cover her feet (just like I would have!)...i never held her, she held on to me all the way down the hall to her room & back...she is 49" tall and not light as a feather but she held on with no help from me! When we got back to Ella's room I tried to explain to Emily that as unpleasant as our uninvited guest is, it won't hurt her...Ella added "unless you pet it Emily, then it will bite you!" What a nice little sister...but wait, it gets better. Emily said she wanted to sleep with me and I said no, she didn't sleep with me when she found the mouse at Grandma's house she wasn't going to do it here either, we all have our own beds. Still visibly shaken, Emily looked at Ella and said "can I sleep with you Ella, PLEEEEASE??" So her dear sweet little sister looks at her and says "Well, let me think about it. Maybe the next time you see a mouse I'll think about it but not tonight...you can sleep in your bed" Feel the love...

A little after we left Ella, it was time to go back upstairs for Emily to go to bed. She went to the bathroom (I had to stand guard outside of the door to prevent intruders) and I said I had to use the bathroom ... "I AM coming with you, Mommy" she said quietly. I told her that was fine, she almost walked on my feet she was so close to me. When we got to my bathroom we had a little conversation:
Her: "Mommy, can you give me something?"
Me: "like what?"
Her: "Anything..."
Me: "Emily what do you need?"
Her: "you know when I am stuffy and you give me medicine to help me and it makes me
so sleepy that I can't keep my eyes open?"
Me: "yes.."
Her: "that..."

Poor baby...my 5 year old was so scared she actually asked for benadryl so she could not even think of fighting sleep...

Terminix came today to put out traps, they were not what George said they would bring which was a larger version of the "roach motel"....they set out glue traps!!! I have left the ones in the garage until I can get some other ones tomorrow but got rid of the ones in the house. I can only imagine the trauma to my girls (not to mention the mouse or myself) if they came downstairs one morning & saw a mouse chewing it's foot off...or one that had managed to do so already! YUCK!!!!!!

0 comments: