19 January 2009

No School today

Emily doesn't have school today...she's not happy about it. She has known this day was coming for a while. As soon as the teacher sent the school calendar home she was upset because the day was marked NO SCHOOL! A few days later she asked why. I told her for Martin Luther King Jr day. She asked what that was...I explained. She asked me if Barack Obama would have a day & I said I hope not. When she asked why I explained again that we have this day because Martin Luther King Jr was killed...so no, I hope we don't have a Barack Obama day anytime soon. I guess she was okay with that because she left the room. A day or two later she asked again why there was no school on the 19th. I told her again, Martin Luther King Jr day. She said I know about that but the calendar says MILK DAY...I don't know why we have to be off for milk...I don't even drink milk!!!! {the calender shows MLK Day so aside from being offended at being off for MILK, she apparently thought the creator of the calendar was a moron who couldn't spell milk...}
That's my Emily!

0 comments: