09 January 2009

Daily Life

I have not abandoned the blog, we've just done nothing exciting...nothing even not exciting. I have been working on trying to organize the playroom. It is a disaster! I have had to do this before but this time just seems more complicated. All the other times Emily and Ella have gone to play in another room while I straightened up. Emily is in school so I am all Ella has...this makes most things difficult. I went through and got rid of 2 large garbage bags full of junk...broken toys, toys with missing pieces and LOTS of happy meal stuff. They haven't noticed anything missing yet.

Everyday has been the same this week...get Emily to school, clean the kitchen, watch HSM & HSM2 with Ella back to back to back to back (she wants to marry Troy Bolton... uh-oh!)Emily gets home, we do homework have a snack, read books & then it's time for dinner bath & bed. Then I make dinner for George & I, clean up, watch tv & then go to bed. It's fine...I think Ella and I are bored because we had so many people here with us for 10 days & then they left & George went back to work & Emily went back to school. We are just trying to get back to regular days...that don't include shopping trips everyday! We did go to story time this week. Ella really likes it. Of course I wasn't sure if I should be concerned or not when the "winter scene" she drew was a few falling snowflakes, some snow on the ground and a snow covered roller coaster with a police chase going on. I of course only knew about the roller coaster and police chase from her description...

In Emily news, she tried to eat a paper towel yesterday. Why? "they are yummy" was the answer my 5 1/2 year old munchkin gave me! I wonder about her sometimes... She also said she thought it might help her to not get the pudding on her tongue... like I said, I wonder.

Tomorrow we are going to a build a time capsule at Lowe's. I have tried to explain to the girls what a time capsule is and they have both told me that is ridiculous. All that they were going to do is pack it full of stuff...shocking!

0 comments: