21 November 2008

Ouch!

Emily and Ella were making "picture books" in the living room (cutting construction paper then gluing or taping on to other paper). They were sort-of watching High School Musical and just generally being happy and pleasant with each other. George and I were sitting at the kitchen table discussing the many joys of home-ownership. Then the quite was broken..."OW!! OWWW!!! OUCH!!!!" I turned to look and I could see some blood on Emily's hand. I immediately thought scissors. I went to get her, asking what had happened as I looked at the blood (not a lot but at the time I thought she would hemorrhage!). As we were going up the stairs to clean up and get a band-aid I get the story...

Emily... "I was trying to use the stapler to make a book"
Me..."Why? You had tape to use..."
Emily... "I thought it would be better with staples!"
Me... "How did you get the staple in your finger?"
Emily... " I wanted to see how it worked. It hurt when I pushed the staple in, it started to bleed when I pulled it out..."
Me... "So, what does that mean, do you think?"
Emily... "Next time I should get a Band-Aid BEFORE I pull it out!"

Obviously she wasn't traumatized!

0 comments: