08 November 2008

A fun-filled day...

This is day 3 of George being gone. The girls {and I} miss him. We don't do well when we're apart... okay I know but come on, you all know me and know it's true :) So, I had to fill the day with as much as I could so the time would pass quickly.
Emily must have been excited about all we were going to do, she was up at 4:30am!!!!! {This is the second day in a row... I'm too old for 4:30am!!!}
So first, we went to Lowe's and built a race car and hauler...we forgot to take an extra kit home for George, {Sorry George!!}. I am not good at building! Emily's hauler looks fine buy Ella's is a bit less than square...oops! Luckily she doesn't seem to notice :)
Second, we were off to Barnes and Noble for story time with Clifford. Ella was less than thrilled when Clifford first appeared but when she saw most of the other kids weren't afraid, she got over it.
Lastly we were on our way to Chuck-E-Cheese!!! This was certainly the high point for me ;) We were there for 3 hours!!!!!!!!!! The girls actually wore themselves out by the end of the "outing" portion of our day.
We left home at 9:15 this morning and got back at 3:30 this afternoon. The car ride home was just enough time for the girls to recover so the could start preparing for the "tups" birthday party {in case you don't know, they each have 8 kids, 1 set of twins and 1 set of sextuplets, you know Jon & Kate +8?!?!?} While they were busy shopping, wrapping and hiding the 'tups gifts, I was able to get most of my bathroom painted. I hope to have that finished before George gets home on Monday. Anyway, here is what we did today...


{By the way, if you tried to see the Halloween slide show and all you saw were Ella's pictures, do not worry, I was experiencing technical difficulties but they have been resolved and the regular Halloween pics are ready for viewing, again!}

0 comments: