18 May 2009

So George is gone all week...

...but the grass wouldn't stop growing just for that reason. George was going to cut it last Friday but life got in the way. Then the plan was to cut it Saturday afternoon after the new TV service was installed (AT &T's U-Verse! fiber optic service with an expanded DVR allowing us to record 4...FOUR... things at once! AND watch on any TV in the house!) but it rained so that didn't happen. George had to leave too early on Sunday to cut it before he left...besides it was still raining.
The rain finally went away and the wind had dried the grass so I thought I'd cut the grass before snakes and lizards took over my yard (I've seen the lizard and heard rumors of snakes!) So I got the mower out, found the bag and put it on, primed the mower (thanks Sean!) and pulled the cord. I am not a great lawn-mower but I figured I was really just after getting the grass short, it didn't have to be pretty. Good thing! My lines are all whacked out...I'd mow in one place, think I was done, move on and then see the spots I missed where I just was so I'd have to go back over there. I think it took me an hour to cut the front...it's just not that big. Oh wait I almost forgot the frog! I must have jumped 50ft when it hopped up as I almost ran it over. Now I know why I don't mow very often.

0 comments: