11 May 2009

On Saturday...

...the girls built flower boxes. I should should say that George and I built flower boxes. This project, for some reason, was just too much for either of them. Maybe it was just the allure of being one of the first 5o kids there...this meant they would get a plant. My poor children have been deprived of plants their entire life as 1)I can't grow anything {notice there have been no more pictures of our garden} and 2) I do not like dirt in the house...at all!!! They were very excited to get the plant, I wasn't sure how they would handle the fact that the plants were being planted int he boxes we just made. They seemed to be okay with it but when we got home Emily told me she was very glad that I could replant her plant OUT of the box it was in...she obviously has other ideas for her box...a collection maybe??

Then we painted...I still can't get over how neat they are now. All we had to do to clean up was scrub hands...no hose down required!

We played outside for a while, the girls are getting much better at Hula Hoop-ing (if that is a word).

Anyway, here was our day. We did have an uninvited guest, but thankfully it stayed outside!

1 comments:

Gpopsuk said...

I think that, "the girls are getting better using the Hoola Hoop" would be OK.
LOLove