18 December 2008

All that Glitters

Okay, George finished painting the kitchen on Sunday. It looks great! We will eventually replace the cabinets but the new paint color makes them look much better. I haven't had anytime to take pictures because I've been so busy trying to get the Christmas tree done. I thought it was done last week but it just kept looking, well, not quite right. Paula gave me 2 beautiful glass ornaments this year, they are much larger than the others I have. I won't lie, at first this worried me. I wasn't sure how they would look. OH MY GOODNESS! They are wonderful!! Their size was perfect, they filled in holes and looked pretty at the same time. You know me, I ran to the store to get more ornaments that size. I found giant red and gold GLITTER balls. I also found red and gold GLITTER snowflakes! Then there are the red ice skates with gold GLITTER all over them and the red GLITTER balls covered with gold leaf! I also found gold GLITTER stockings! And red ornaments with gold GLITTER designs on them. The tree is 7 1/2 feet tall and is currently covered with over 200 red and gold ornaments, as many with GLITTER as I could get! I have also hung shiny red and gold giant shiny balls with the red and gold GLITTERY stockings and on the entertainment center (I wonder what George will think of that???...It really was the only way to make a 57" TV "festive") Let's just say if it was GLITTERY, I suddenly had to have it. What can I say, I become obsessed easily :)

0 comments: