04 February 2009

Fool!

I thought we had A mouse. Emily saw A mouse. We caught A mouse, therefore we had A mouse. Turns out that math doesn't really work when it comes to vermin. Ella and I went downstairs to the garage this morning to go to the library when I saw something out of the corner of my eye...the corner of my eye never sees anything pleasant. It was a mouse stuck in a trap...a little grey deer mouse...I'm sure it was covered with disease...YUCK!!! I do not like mice in my house!!!!!!!!! And I do consider the garage part of my house, especially because I have to go down there to do laundry. I know it's probably not nice to kill them but I can't catch an release as I know they would end up back in my garage...anyway, I won't go close enough to do the release part ...YUCK!!!!

In non-fool news, Emily is better today. She still has the color of a marshmallow and reddish circles under her eyes at times (remnants of the rash) but this is her 3rd day of antibiotics AND she didn't have a fever this morning so she went to school. I honestly think she was more relaxed at today since she was at school and not worrying about what she was missing at school. Apparently she missed nothing because she came home today and didn't have any extra work to do. This was surprising to me and annoying to her so I quickly got some worksheets that are similar to the things she normally does for homework...this calmed her nerves as she just sat there and did about 10 worksheets PLUS her actually homework. I hope she always enjoys school this much!

0 comments: