05 February 2009

Excuse me????

Well, here we are, day 4 of Emily's illness and yet more evidence of my horribleness as a mother. I sent Emily to school this morning even though she had a fever(I should point out George agreed with this decision). It was 100.3 with a temporal thermometer, you have to add 1 degree per it's instructions so that is 101.3 (helpful aren't I?!?) but she was acting totally fine AND she's been on the antibiotics since Monday AND the rash is all but gone. So I called the nurse-line at the pediatricians' and they called me back stating she needed a stronger antibiotic..."after all Scarlet Fever is harder to get over than regular strep throat"...WHAT?!?!?!?! That's right, apparently high fever + strep throat + red rash = Scarlet Fever...Holy Sh*t! My poor baby!!!!!

(Perhaps it is noteworthy that Kelly said she had Scarlet Fever on Sunday and I dismissed that possibility)

I don't know about you, but this episode alone give me a big edge for the coveted title "Mother of the Year"!

0 comments: