24 January 2010

Let's see...

What have we been up to... let me think. Okay, here is a summary of the past several days:

1) Ella has been asking, no begging, to play soccer since we lived in New Jersey. She was only 3 so I kept telling her when she was older she could play. this year I found a soccer league for her that wouldn't cost a million dollars (what if she didn't like it after all??) So I told her that I would sign her up last week. Everyday she came home from school with one question, had I signed her up for soccer. For one reason or another, I hadn't been able to make it to sign up. Thursday I took her with me to sign up. It was quite an adventure... I had no clue where we were going and the directions I had forgot to mention a street or two. I had to call my sister & turn her into a GPS so I could have turn-by-turn directions. After about 30 minutes (it's only 10 minutes away from Ella's school!) we FINALLY got there!!!!! I checked for my checkbook & Ella's birth certificate & got out of the car. She was still in the backseat which was surprising, I thought she was going to fly out of the car. She just looked up at me & said "Mommy, I don't want to play soccer! Can I just play ballet instead?????" I gave her a few minutes to think about it & then we went home. She told me later she was too nervous to play soccer, she thought I'd play with her. I'll sign her up for ballet next week.

2) As I said last time, Emily got in to the Venture program. It is a gifted and talented program that, once you get in, you stay in throughout school (grades permitting!) When I told her that she had gotten in, she looked at me (very innocently) and said "of course I got in Mommy, I am super smart!". She wasn't bragging, she was just very matter-of-fact about it.

3) Emily got her report card on Friday. She had all 99's except for 1... a 97 in math. I haven't figured out what went wrong there. Trust me I know it's a wonderful grade BUT I am not sure why she has a lower grade in math when she works in a 2nd grade math book at school to stay busy. She obviously understands what she is doing. i think it has to do with her speed. She is so worried about being first for anything & everything, I can't convince her she needs to slow down & check her work. We'll keep working on that.

4) I had to go for a follow up blood test on Thursday for my thyroid disease. I had been putting it off for about 2 weeks. I HATE having blood taken!!! My veins simply do not cooperate. This time wasn't bad at all.... I didn't even have a bruise! I got the results yesterday, all levels are normal so we'll stay at the dose I am taking now and retest in May.

5) I finally starting painting again. I painted the inside of Emily's closet as well as the baseboards, door and door trim in her closet. Ella's closet come as the end of this week.

6) I beat Kelly in on-line Scrabble!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I am off to help Ella's school...all day... 8:30-3pm tomorrow & Tuesday. Oh my!

0 comments: