02 January 2010

It's been a long time...

... and I am sorry! Emily and I spent most of December sick! We both had sinus infections and we both ended up getting double ear infections. It's been interesting. Combine that with all the time I am at school, finishing painting for the year and all the fun Christmas stuff I needed to get done and there just wasn't any time to update. I will try to do better :)

So far this year has been interesting! Emily hasn't been sick at all (yes, I am aware that it is only the 2nd) so I guess the steroids she was out on Monday (12/28) helped her ear drain... there was fluid on it at her re-check, so steroids were given to help boost her immune system & reduce swelling so that it wouldn't turn into an ear infection...hooray! Ella, well, she's had something. The best we can figure is that she had Hand, Foot & Mouth. She got sick on New Year's Eve and was in bed by 6:30pm. Yesterday she woke up feeling a tad better (she wasn't sick to her stomach) but her hands hurt. When I looked at them they were bright red & they were itchy, same for the soles of her feet and she kept complaining of "cancer sores" in her mouth... must have been the blisters. So far today (it' is 7:12am) she's been much better. There is no redness anywhere and she has already eaten a small yogurt...things are looking up!

My parents left this morning... back to New Jersey they go. The girls and I were up to see them off. It was sad but at the same time, we are all ready for things to go back to normal. The girls have been out of school since December 18th and we have had house-guests since December 23rd. It's time to get back to a normal routine :)

I'll try to get December pictures up later!

0 comments: