26 November 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving today...just the 4 of us. We were supposed to go to Alabama and spend it with our fabulous friends but that didn't work out so we stayed home. I popped downstairs this morning at 3:20 to start the turkey breast in the crock-pot...snicker if you must be the only difference between a roasted turkey breast & a crock-potted one is no crispy skin and since we throw that out any way, we're happy! That was the only "bad" thing... I don't like to come downstairs in the middle of the night, I am sure there will be a horde of mice in the living room... unreasonable I am sure but...otherwise, like I said, a great day! We had dinner/lunch at 1 and it cost George $3 (ha ha ha). The girls were complaining that there was too much food on the table that they didn't like (I should say I made macaroni & cheese just for Emily and had deli ham for Ella and an entire bowl of olives just for them) and George said that he had a whole cup of quarters, the girls could earn 1 for every new food they tried. We have tried this before and never get any takers, so I was a tad skeptical. The girls ate their ham & olives but that was about all. Then Emily asked for a piece of turkey. When she said it was good, Ella starting eyeballing the roasted brussels sprouts and she asked for one...it went on & on until they had both tried everything and had each made $1.50 in the process...they decided Thanksgiving wasn't so bad after all :) Tomorrow we start to decorate for Christmas... The most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case I didn't update you on Emily's medical situation, here is the latest...
SHE IS FINE! We have no need to go to an ENT! just a very stubborn infection which probably means deep sinus pockets, just like me. Hooray!

0 comments: